10 July 2011

Meat-on-A-Stick Extravaganza

[Note: Links will appear as I post each entry, but they may not all be available for several weeks.]
For 4th of July this year, I decided to sample a variety of different meat-on-a-stick recipes from Asia. The offerings included:
  • Chinese BBQ'd Tofu
  • Indonesian Beef Satay
  • Japanese Chicken Yakitori
  • Indian Chicken Tikka
  • Filipino Barbecue Pork

The end result was, obviously, too much food. I had a lot of fun, though, planning and cooking. Plus, I learned a lot and we all ate well. Which is what it's all about.

In the weeks since Independence Day, I've been pre-occupied with a sick dog that needed an expensive operation and close attention. I have not, until now, taken time to write up the blog entries for this meat-on-a-stick extravaganza. I am still planning, however, to write about each recipe separately, giving each one its own blog entry. (Just click on one of the links above--as they appear in bold--to read more about that recipe.)

It may take some time before all the recipes/blog entries are completed. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment