03 January 2019

Mel's Daily Grub / January 1


New Year's Day 2019

9:00 AM Breakfast -- Blueberry Pound Cake with whipped cream.  I put too many blueberries in the batter, so of course it falls apart when you try to take it out of the pan.  Sad baking failure, but it tastes fine.  There's just too much of it.  It made about 12 servings, and this is only my second serving.



1:30 PM Lunch -- Toasted brie sandwich on Panera's sourdough bread.



9:30 PM Dinner -- Reheated Chicken-Leek-Mushroom Paprikash and spaetzle noodles and Southern-style Collard Greens.

My original plan for New Year's dinner included Hoppin' John, Cornbread, and Cajun spiced Shrimp Scampi, but for whatever reason, I couldn't get inspired to cook.  I made the Collard Greens but didn't make anything else, and in the late of the day, I just warmed up leftovers from a few days earlier.

It was a good meal nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment