03 January 2019

Mel's Daily Grub / January 2


Breakfast -- 8:30 AM at my desk at work -- Fruitcake.  No bread or English muffins at the house.  No time for an egg.  Bad planning.  I ended up grabbing the small tin of fruitcake and bringing it to work to eat with my coffee.  I like fruitcake, but not for breakfast, I guess.  Too sweet.  Intensely spiced--ginger and clove and cinnamon.  Lots of nuts.  Candied fruit.    


Lunch -- 1:00 PM at my desk -- Beach Club (turkey, provolone, veggies, avocado) sandwich from Jimmy John's on whole wheat bread.  And packed with so much lettuce, I had trouble getting it into my mouth!  Ended up deconstructing it, setting the sweet soft commercial bread and overly mayonnaised lettuce aside and just eating the meat, cheese, tomato, cucumber, and avocado spread.




Dinner -- 8:00  PM -- Rerun of Paprikash and Collards.  Enjoyed it.  I had made the paprikash with a mix of hot paprika and smoked paprika, which was great, and the addition of leeks and mushrooms was surprisingly perfect.

I need to create an actual recipe of this version of paprikash, and scale it down to feed just one or two people.  As it is, I've eaten it three times and have at least three, probably four, more servings left.  If it it weren't so deliciously unusual, I'd be tired of it by now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment